Yet Another Blog

Samstag, Mai 20, 2006

Kopete Yahoo! plugin process

The last week I've spent some time on improving the Yahoo! plugin of Kopete. Kopete 0.12 will be released soon and i wanted to get some things done before.

What I've done:
  • Webcam support: The webcam image is now no longer grey and garbled when you are streaming to the official Yahoo Messenger client. Wrong parameters for the jasper converting tool have caused this. Also the user is informed about failed connections.
  • Filetransfer support: I implemented filetransfer support. It works now in both directions with kopete, gaim (and other libgaim-based clients) and the official Yahoo Messenger 7.5, which makes kopete the first OSS client to support receiving files from the 7.5 client that i know of ;)
  • Cleanups: I removed some unnecessary casts and cleaned up the error reporting a bit
Taking all together I think the Yahoo! plugin is in a good shape for the 0.12 relase now.

So I'll start concentrating on my diploma thesis more again :s